REASONS TO LEVERAGE B2B EVENTS
Over the past year, online and hybrid events took the place of live events due to the pandemic. Based on a statistic from Bizzabo and EventMB, an overwhelming majority (76.5%) of event marketers have never hosted a hybrid event, and 73% of planners were able to successfully pivot an event to virtual.
Inevitably, this became an opportunity to evolve B2B events. Half (50.7%) of executives believe that in the future all live events will have a virtual dimension, according to Bizzabo.
This month for #MNE819, Emenee Marketing 'n' Events will tackle the benefits of leveraging B2B events using the 7C's of event ROI. Platforms and tactics come and go, but the objectives have remained fairly consistent.
Let's get started with this month's resources and takeaways!
1. Ranking the 7 C's to Event ROI is one of the first steps to identify the intention and objectives that create an effective event.
2. Once we have clearly defined our priorities and objectives we can craft our goals to support them.
3. Regardless of the type or format of the event, measuring metrics contributes to your event’s success and sustainability.
I. Cash Flows and Closed Deals:
6. Though event professionals are still finding their footing when it comes to virtually integrating sponsors, the concept of sponsorship remains as viable as ever when it comes to monetization.
7. The potential for reach is the biggest positive shift organizers are experiencing.
II. Collaboration with Contributors & Partners
6. When your business needs additional support and resources for events and projects, corporate sponsors can make a significant difference.
7. While financial support is usually synonymous with sponsorship, that's not the only way a company can contribute to your event.
III. Customer Experience & Journey
8. The rise of virtual has created enhanced options for turning your attendee list into an engaged and enthusiastic community 365 days a year.
9. Efforts shouldn't end when people walk out the door. Plus, in the expanding world of virtual and hybrid events, the possibilities for year-round engagement are even greater.
IV. Credibility & Build Reputation & Brand
10. Branding an event shapes how everyone involved—speakers, attendees, employees, and sponsors—remembers the experience.
11. A branded event can help generate leads, build loyalty and credibility, and offer support.
V. Community Connection
12. Tech providers are now looking past traditional place-and-date event limitations toward long-term, ongoing engagement.
13. The ultimate goal of 365 engagement is to continue to engage a community — whether it's customers, employees, association members, etc. — beyond a single event.
VI. Campaigns to Create Buzz & Awareness
14. With virtual events, the planning timeline isn't the only thing that tends to be shorter; you can accelerate a marketing campaign that is still effective and not to be underestimated.
15. One of the undisputed benefits of virtual events is the ability to reach a larger—potentially global—audience.
VII. Convert to Conversation
16. The first impression doesn't have to begin with a handshake, or end at the event. Convert into conversation and continue the relationship on LinkedIn.
17. An event is one touchpoint to build a strong foundation of connection - it's not a destination.
VIII. Michelle Nicole McNabb's 7 C's of Event ROI
CREATE AN EFFECTIVE EVENT CAMPAIGN BY RANKING THE 7 C'S OF EVENT ROI - Michelle Nicole McNabb
18. The 7C's of event ROI set the framework to establish how to create the strategy and execute the plan.
19. These metrics will help you define the strategy and improvements needed to justify the Return On Investment (ROI), time, resources, and energy.
Did you find this article helpful? Let us hear your thoughts in the comment section below!